The show is held on Boon Hill Farm which is kindly provided by Mr and Mrs Woodmansey, who play a great role in the organisation and success of the show, as they have done for generations.
At 1pm there will be 1 minute silence to remember valued supporters of the show who sadly passed away this year.
All proceeds from the annual show now go to charity, which varies from year to year. The 2018 show will be held to raise money for the following charities:
Yorkshire Air Ambulance – Charity No. 1084305
Yorkshire Air Ambulance is a vital part of the countryside, carrying out rescues involving hill climbers, ramblers, horse riders, mountain bikers & many more; or just reaching those who live off the beaten track.
Parksinson’s UK – Charity No. 258197
- As the UK’s Parkinson’s support and research charity we’re leading the work to find a cure, and we’re closer than ever.
- Parkinson’s UK is the largest charity funder of Parkinson’s research in Europe. Since 1969, we’ve invested over £80 million in groundbreaking research.
- We bring people with Parkinson’s, their carers and families together via our network of local groups, our website and free confidential helpline 0808 800 0303. Because we’re here, no one has to face Parkinson’s alone.
- Specialist Parkinson’s nurses, our supporters and staff provide information and training on every aspect of Parksinon’s.
- We campaign to change attitudes and demand better services.
Since 2011 the show has raised an overall total of £47,000 for charity:
The 2017 show raised money for Yorkshire Air Ambulance and Candlelighters (a children’s Cancer charity).
The 2016 show raised £4,000 for Yorkshire Air Ambulance, £3,000 for Scarborough & Ryedale Mountain Rescue and £300 for Newton Village Hall
The 2015 show raised £7,000: £3,000 for Yorkshire Air Ambulance, £3,000 for Alzheimers Research UK and £1,000 for Dementia Forward
The 2014 show raised £6,500: £2,500 to the Yorkshire Air Ambulance, £2,000 to Yorkshire Cancer Research and £2,000 to Mind (Scarborough, Whitby and Ryedale).
The 2013 show raised £5,000: £2,500 for Yorkshire Air Ambulance, £2,500 for Scarborough Hospital Special Baby Unit and a small donation to other local charities.
The 2012 show raised £5,500: £2,500 for Ryedale Special Families, £2,500 for Yorkshire Air Ambulance and £500 for local Charities.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Whilst every endeavor will be made to ensure a safe and enjoyable visit to Boon Hill Show, you must bear in mind that there are potential hazards at any show.
Particular care should be taken when viewing animals or moving machinery at close quarters and safety barriers should not be breached. Parents or people in charge of children should be particularly aware of the need to protect them from hazards on the showground.
Tent pegs and guy ropes can present a hazard near the marquees.
Exhibitors should be aware of the need to arrange Public Liability Insurance to cover their attendance at the show, confirm cover to include indemnity to show organisers. The Committee will not hold itself responsible for any loss, damage or accident whatsoever which may be sustained by a competitor, attendant, members of the public, entry or exhibit, motor or other vehicle, or trade stand.